Slack was born for teams inside a company, but it has been more and more used for communities
on-board new team members manually
All you need is to use an app to create your autoinvite bot, no need to code.
1. Login o Signup for an new Heroku account
just jo to http://heroku.com
Confirm your email and log in.
2. Deploy the heroku autoinvite app from github
click this link
and click Heroku down there
3. Login to your slack team in your browser
In a new browser tab, go to YOURSLACKTEAMNAME.slack.com
In my case is
and login with your admin account
4. Now you need to fill up the form.
As for the name, my advice is to use your slack name
5. Create the slack API token
how to create the api token (updated to 2017)visit the Legacy Tokens page at api.slack.com/custom-integrations/legacy-tokens.Scroll down and select the Team and User that you want to create the token forClick Create token.
7. Click View.
8. Well done, this is your slack team auto invite page.
From now on, link people to this page, you don’t have to manually send invites anymore.